Static Dissipative Polyoxymethylene
Acetal is a mechanical thermoplastic with high
strength and stiffness coupled with enhanced
dimensional stability and ease of machining. As a semi-crystalline material, acetal is also characterized by a low coefficient of friction and good wear properties even in low temperate environments. Copolymer acetal and homopolymer Delrin® are FDA and 3A-Dairy approved.
Interstate Plastics offers acetal for precision industrial and mechanical parts. Static dissipative Acetal contains no carbon fibers or powders and is generally accepted for clean room use in medical applications. It has a surface resistivity of 109 to 1011 ohm/square and excellent bearing and wear characteristics.
Acetal is a tough, stable engineering thermoplastic with a high modulus of elasticity, high strength, good rigidity, dimensional stability, resistance to moisture, solvents and other chemicals. It has very desirable toughness properties, performing well at extreme temperatures.
Typical applications include gears, springs, plates, bushings, and housings. The Food and Drug Administration has approved Acetal for use in the food industry.
- Mechanical: Gears, Sliding and Guiding Elements, Housing Parts, Springs, Chains, Screws, Nuts, Fan wheels, Pump parts, Valve bodies
- Electrical Engineering: Insulators, Bobbins, Connectors, parts
for electronic devices such as televisions & telephones
- Vehicle: Fuel sender unit, Door Lock systems, Articulated Shells
- Medical: Insulin pens, Metered Dose Inhalers (MDI)
- Furniture: Hardware, Locks, Handles, Hinges, Curtains roles
Purchase here: ACETAL SHEET ESD NATURAL