When it comes to our impact on the environment, every type of material has its pros and cons. How do plastics stack up against some common alternatives?
We took to the streets to debunk some common perceptions about plastics and the environmental footprint they leave behind. You’ll be surprised to learn that they actually reduce the impact we have in many different ways.
Did you know . . .
- Plastics have 4x less the environmental costs than alternative materials?
- Lighter plastics conserve more natural resources than heavier materials like glass?
- 40% of food in the United States is wasted, & plastic materials are often used to help them last longer?
- A cucumber wrapped in plastic can last up to 3 weeks?
- We recycled more than 6 billion pounds of plastic in 2015?